Better Healthcare is hiring Occupational Therapist in Colorado Springs and surrounding areas.
An Occupational Therapist (OT) provides occupational therapy treatment to patients at home as directed by the physician orders.
- Provides clinical occupational therapy evaluation and treatment on an acute, restorative and maintenance level to program participants.
- Assesses condition, creates a treatment plan and discusses implementation of therapy with participant or caretaker(s).
- Integrates occupational therapy treatment plan in the team Plan of Care (POC).
- Assists in the ordering, inventory, distribution and maintenance of durable medical equipment for participants.
- Educates participants and family members in proper care and use of various supports and exercise programs in addition to the use of durable medical equipment (DME).
- Administers treatment program per referral from assessments from the interdisciplinary team (IDT)
- Instructs family members, caregivers and staff in methods to maximize safety and functional abilities in performing Activities of Daily Living (ADL) with documentation in medical record notes.
- Evaluates charts and reports on participant’s progress to appropriate staff.
- Documents occupational therapy services provided and performs department record-keeping in keeping within documentation requirements.
- Performs data collection, prepares reports and maintains any necessary participant statistics.
- Assists in recommending policies and procedures in the area of occupational therapy.
- Occupational Therapy Experience: 2 years
- Home Health Experience: 2 years
- OASIS Knowledge is preferred
- Occupational Therapist CO License
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible schedule
- IRA (401k equivalent)